The Fascism of Happiness
Must watch ! THE ARMY OF LUCK, OR THE GLOBAL PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS (by boris petrovsky)
The Maneki Neko (jap., literally Beckoning Cat; aka Lucky Cat, Money Cat) is a common Japanese figurine which is believed to bring luck, attract customers and bring prosperity. The Lucky Cat waves with the raised left paw and holds a historic coin in front of itself with the right one. The Lucky Cat as talisman and selling product is wide-spread in Asia and meanwhile almost all over the world.
Luck is associated here with monetary and material prosperity. As talisman it is spread all over asian countries. For tourists the Lucky Cat became a kind of pop style Manga character which appears in growing numbers in western private households. As kitschy-petite like exotic souvenir it refers to a certain idea of western lifestyle.
8 Notes/ Hide
- rerecorded reblogged this from wildcat2030
- wildwalkerwoman reblogged this from wildcat2030 and added:
- homeownersinsurancemiami reblogged this from wildcat2030
- homeownersinsurancemiami likes this
- vestigialmuse likes this
- sirlowkey reblogged this from wildcat2030
- masakepic likes this
- edwingardner reblogged this from wildcat2030 and added:
- sofieofferdal likes this
- wildcat2030 posted this